This audio recording gives an overview of the following:
- What Alzheimer’s disease is
- Who gets it, and how common it is
- What causes Alzheimer’s disease
- Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- How your doctor will test for Alzheimer’s disease
- What you as a caregiver can do to help prepare for Alzheimer’s disease
- Other Conditions: Alzheimer’s disease symptoms generally progress gradually over time. However, if symptoms occur suddenly and get worse rapidly, see a doctor to rule out other possible medical conditions.
- Treatments that may improve symptoms: Although there is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, there may be certain drugs that can help slow the progress of the disease or help improve symptoms.
- Home Safety and Lifestyle Preparation: You will learn what you and your loved one should do in the early stages of Alzheimer’s to ensure that all legal and medical matters are decided before symptoms progress.